Reflection
we looked at the time and style of western art
from Mannerism 1520 right up to Post Modernism 1960's ⇒
we watched an episode of the sunday arts on the ABC to get a greater knowledge of the ism's 
we looked at expressionism though some of Picasso portraits looking at how he distorted figures
this was the inspiration for our first self portrait 

I used ink, charcoal, gesso and shellac.
I drew this form a photo of myself when i was 4.
I really like the line work in my hair, the way that it is so loose and relaxed really surprised me as i am not usually like that. So i enjoyed doing this experimentation with self portraits so i will get better and understand more styles so then for my final one i will be able to incorporate the elements that represent me in the best way. 

No comments: