Egon Schiele
(about Schiele in V.D)
 
Egon Schiele's light and relaxed line work with washed colour that creates a simplicity in his works and i really like that loose line in his pieces.

 

After looking at the works by Egon Schiele and seeing how he uses line and colour we then had to try and use the same style in a self portrait of our self suing charcoal, house paint in pink and blue: watered down, shellac and white chalk. I did a half face of myself when i was little and a full portrait of me now. I think that my half face turned out better and that i executed his style more accurately. In the full portrait i did not draw the shape of my nose in proportioned enough then making my face look out of proportion. I think enjoy using this style because of its light fluid and slight movements with the charcoal. I feel that thought drawing more my confidence in putting pencil to paper has increased so that is good that im not so hesitant to start ad not as worried if it does not work out because it is bout experimenting at the moment. 


No comments: